Shelter & Solidarity’s host, Joe Ramsey hosted Chris Hedges at an event organized by the Community Church of Boston
Correction: Dean Stevens is the Community Church of Boston’s Administrator & Musical Director. Contrary to the opening credits, he is not the Congregational Director. This was an editing error on our part.
During Chris Hedges’s talk and the discussion period, several books were cited and shared in the Zoom chat. Below is a list of the links shared during the conversation; these are in order of presentation, some works cited were ones that made points that the speakers shared and others are exemplary of views they reject:
1. Shelter & Solidarity’s Community Roundtable http://shelterandsolidarity.org/the-year-behind-the-year-ahead-a-community-roundtable-december-17-2020/
2. Chris H.’s show on RT Chris’s show on RT
3. About “Caged”
4. The Politics of Cultural Despair https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520026261/the-politics-of-cultural-despair
5. Michael Coard’s op-ed https://www.phillytrib.com/commentary/michaelcoard/coard-republicans-are-party-of-serial-killers-traitors-racists/article_26ee4042-a230-550f-90ac-d03a91b8ec4d.html
6. Matt Taibbi’s Hate, Inc.
7. Biden and MBNA
8. American Fascists
9. James Luther Adams
10. Death of the Liberal Class
11. On Blinken
12. On Tanden, OMB nominee
13. Angela Davis
14. Community Church of Boston’s email address: email@example.com, mailing address: 565 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116; CCB on YouTube: CCB Recordings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxzqBfbtvnhNKWmzpCm0lIA
15. On Deb Haaland whom Marilyn referenced
16. America: The Farewell Tour https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/America-The-Farewell-Tour/Chris-Hedges/9781501152689
17. Richard Rorty, Achieving Our Country https://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674003125
18. David Sirota on AOC and the Democratic Party attacks on its left: https://jacobinmag.com/2020/11/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-democrats-aoc-biden-trump
19. Question from LC on Chris H.’s point about left-wing populism
More on “left-wing populism”
19.1. what does that look like?
19.2. where do you see signs of such a movement/objective basis for hope emerging?
19.3. what are blockages to that potential that we need to work on removing?
19.4. how can listeners contribute to that necessary alternative?
20. Chris Hedges on Gaza
21. On Andrea Dworkin https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/apr/16/why-andrea-dworkin-is-the-radical-visionary-feminist-we-need-in-our-terrible-times
22. Samuel Huntington’s “Crisis of Democracy” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crisis_of_Democracy#:~:text=The%20Crisis%20of%20Democracy%3A%20On,(%20ISBN%20978%2D0814713655).
23. Days of Destruction, Days of Hope https://www.boldtypebooks.com/titles/chris-hedges/days-of-destruction-days-of-revolt/9781568584737
24. Extinction Rebellion
25. Need for a vegan diet